How to Dispose of Post-Covid Supplies That Expired
March 4, 2023 by CRS Corporate Relocation SystemsCleaning
Pharmaceutical companies often need a lot of room for storing supplies, but this can take up a lot of space you could use for more productive purposes. If this is the case for you, contact our professional CRS Moving & Storage team. We have the skills, experience, and knowledge to store pharmaceuticals and other supplies. Before storing your items, we go through everything you have and help you dispose of expired materials. We also take frequent inventory of your items in storage and properly dispose of any expired goods.
Whether relocating your pharmaceutical company or renovating your space, it’s essential to dispose of any expired materials before doing so. If you have any expired Covid supplies, our well-trained team understands how to dispose of them properly and safely, so you can focus on your business and not worry about the safety of your items. We understand the disposal process can be overwhelming, so we are here to help you manage every aspect to give you a stress-free experience.
A Guide to Expired Post-Covid Supply Disposal
Every medical supply has a different disposal method depending on the product type and manufacturer’s instructions. This makes supply disposal a time-consuming process that can create stress during your move or storage experience. We can take this weight off your shoulders by disposing of expired post-Covid supplies in the following ways:
- Syringes and needles: These objects are called sharps and need to be placed in specific sharp containers before disposal. Once placed in the proper container, they can be destroyed and thrown away at an authorized waste management facility.
- Packaging: Disposal instructions for packaging typically depend on the manufacturer, but typically, we dispose of vaccine packaging by disinfecting it and taking it to an authorized waste management facility or service.
- Vials: If you have expired material in vials, it can be placed in a specific container depending on whether it is hazardous. A certified pharmaceutical waste service can properly dispose of these materials.
- Personal protective equipment: Medical supplies like gloves, masks, bandages, and gauze can be thrown away in the regular trash unless they could potentially spread infection. In this case, we place them in a regulated medical waste container.
- Dry ice: According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, expired or old dry ice should be placed in the sink, toilet, or trash. Instead, we put it in a well-ventilated area because it is solid carbon dioxide.
Disposing of post-Covid medical supplies often requires a lot of materials, like containers, gloves, and safety goggles. When reviewing your inventory, we take note of the supplies you need so you don’t spend any unnecessary money while having everything you need to get rid of expired items safely and properly.
Discuss Your Medical Supply Disposal Needs With the Knowledgeable Professionals at CRS Moving & Storage
Disposing of expired post-Covid supplies requires extensive knowledge of state and federal requirements and training. Therefore, it’s essential to find a moving and storage company that has ample experience working with pharmaceutical materials. At CRS Moving & Storage, our highly-skilled team understands how to properly throw away expired medical supplies so that you can trust that your business is in the best hands.
We utilize a hands-on approach that provides an unmatched experience for businesses. We will also assess your unique needs and handle every aspect of the moving, storage, and disposal process with your company’s best interest in mind. Furthermore, we pride ourselves on meeting all your needs and goals within your budget, so you can continue making the best decisions for your business. To schedule a free planning and logistics session, call (718) 424-6000 or fill out our contact form.